Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another beautiful day in Chicago!

We have had gorgeous weather in the Chicago-land area this week, averaging in the 70's since the weekend! We've taken full advantage by going for walks, playing at the park, taking care of some outdoor chores and just breathing the fresh spring air. Yesterday though, I decided to spend some time on a hobby that has gotten lost in the mix of trying to run a home-based business - gardening!

Flower beds are rather disorganized and neglected in our new house, as the previous owner seemed to have planted things with no rhyme or reason. I've got Iris' in the middle of my lawn, a tuft of daffodils plopped in an otherwise empty flower bed and other flower beds with plants just randomly placed everywhere.

I started small yesterday with a little corner flower bed in our back yard. All that it needed was some raking, some transplanting and a little focal point. After getting all of the plants in a nice organized quarter circle pattern, I plopped and old antique gas stove in the corner, planted flowers on either side and sat an old tea pot on top. Eventually I will plant flowers in the tea pot, but for now I think it turned out pretty good. Today I think I'll transplant those daffodils to in front of the stove. Not a bad first project for spring! :)

No comments: